In 2017, the M-Akiba platform was launched to allow the citizens to lend the government money as a form of investment. By starting this initiative, the National Treasury was endeavoring to collect more than 5 billion. The funds raised through this platform is currently being used by the government to fund new and on-going development and infrastructural projects.
Over the years, a high percentage of the government bonds was designated to local and foreigners institutions with just a small percentage being assigned to the private investors. Many Kenyans were denied the chance to take part in government bonds. M-Akiba is presenting Kenyans with a more convenient and unique opportunity to participate in government bonds. The government introduced this bond intending to cultivate the investment and save culture among the Kenyan people. There are many more schemes for you to make money on the program including the buying and selling of government shares in the market.
What is M-Akiba?
M-Akiba is a mobile platform used by the Kenyan government to empower its citizens through investment. The government has co-operated with the Central Bank of Kenya and other cooperations including the Nairobi Security Exchange, Mobile Network Operators, the Settlement Corporation, Kenya Association of Stock Brokers and Investment Banks in developing up this platform.
M-Akiba qualification requirements
Everyone is free to join the program as long as they have achieved the age of 18 years. You must have a legitimate Kenyan Identification Card, a registered line and a mobile phone. The minimum amount of the share an interested investor can purchase per transaction is Ks 3000 during the time of the offer. After a term of three years, you can sell the bond to the Nairobi securities exchange. All investors registered in this platform are qualified to receive a 5% interest on their initial investment. When opposed to other platforms, M-Akiba pays back more than the other available saving products in the current market.
M-Akiba is a golden opportunity for Kenyan citizens because they can save money, and at the same time secure some lucrative interest rates. It is a retail infrastructure bond given by the Kenyan government to enhance economic improvement without borrowing funds from outside the country. The platform launched in some other countries a bit earlier than in Kenya such as Qatar whose saving is 60%, and Uganda and Rwanda at 22% of their GDP. This asks for all Kenyans to invest in this to improve the county’s economy.
How to invest in M-Akiba
The following are the simple steps you need to follow to invest in M-Akiba:
- Dial *889# on your line
- You will get a prompt message requiring you to input your identification number (PIN) and press ok button to proceed.
- Enter your ID number
- Press register to participate in M-Akiba by dialing number 1
- Proceed by pressing 1 for yes to accept terms and conditions after reading.
- You will receive a message showing you that you have successfully submitted the details.
- The confirmation text will have your M-Akiba Account Number, Your Name as well as the activation time and date of your M-Akiba Account.
- To continue trading, dial *889# on your line and follow the prompts.
M-Akiba also grants loans at relatively low interest rates to its clients as one of the ways to raise funds needed for the development. It has set terms and conditions (TOS) which one has to meet in order to qualify for a loan. Also, an Android application has been designed and linked to the M-Pesa platform to make it simple for customers to apply and get their requests even more conveniently. Only those with an active account with M-Akiba can access this loan.
The platform gives instant mobile loans to Kenyans citizens anytime within a duration of not more than 5 minutes.
Benefits of M-Akiba retail bonds
- It is an affordable investment
- One is guaranteed of income since after every six months interest is paid back.
- One can sell his/her bond if they need liquid cash
- Compared to other similar investments M-Akiba is a low-risk venture
- No tax is paid on the bond
- Enables one to save for the future
- It has a very high level of privacy
- Transactions can be done anywhere with the Republic of Kenya
- Official Website: www.m-akiba.go.ke
- Telephone: – 020 6900020
- E-mail address: email@example.com
M-Akiba gives an incredible investment platform that every Kenyan can participate in. What’s your take on this program. Do you think that it will help empower Kenyans and develop the economy? Share your opinions in the comments section below.For Verified Information and News, look for EXPOSEKE.com, hit the bell button to subscribe for updates, to reach our support team, contact us here