The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) was launched with a sole purpose of providing financial assistance to higher education Students. Want to register for helb? You will need to sigh up from the HELB portal. Subsequent HELB logins will be simple.
In order to access your HELB Student Login portal, follow this login LINK
Availed HELB Student Portal will help the students to access, with ease, all HELB facilities,services and communications as well as HELB Latest news.
From the ‘HELB Extranet Login’ page in the portal, type in your email address as your username and your unique Password. Provided email address should be the same one that you registered with in the first place.
Requirements for HELB Application
Applicants must have the following before applying for a HELB loan;
- Original ID card
- Valid Bank Account
- KRA PIN
- Photocopy of Parents IDs
- KCPE and KCSE results
- Working Email address
- Guarantor details
- Passport photos
HELB Loan Registration Process
The moment you land on the HELB Student Login Website www.helb.co.ke,follow this simple steps to get started easily.
- You Click on “Student Portal” on the top right side corner of the HELB portal.
- Scroll down the page and click “create an account” to register your details which include (Middle Name,First Name, Last Name, *national ID Number, *working Email Address and a unique Password) then Click “Sign Up”
- Wait for activation unique link.
- Now Login to the provided email address to access the HELB Portal *activation link and click on it.
- Then Login to the HELB Portal from the activation link
- You can then Update Personal and Residence Details and Click on “Save”
- Choose the suitable HELB Loan Product to Apply
How to check for your loan allocation and disbursement
Once you apply for HELB loan,you may be a bit confused on how to check whether your loan has been allocated or disbursed.The following are some of the ways to check for your HELB status online.
Method 1; The simplest,simply check your bank account
- Login to HELB portal
- Select loan status. It will open a new page
- Select Loan Reports and a drop down menu indicating disbursement and statement will appear
- Select on disbursement and a form similar to the one below will appear. It indicates your loan disbursement status.
Also very simple, follow HELB on facebook or twitter and provide them with your ID, you might be lucky if they reply with your HELB status, they don’t reply to all queries due to overwhelming user numbers.Check also their contacts here.
How to recover helb portal password
In the event that you forgot your HELB Student Login Password;you can recover by,
- Go to the login page
- Then Click on “Forgot Password?” link
- Insert the address to reset your password
- A unique activation link will be sent to your registered email address where you will be prompted to change the password.
HELB Account Recovery/Update
In order To access the form there,provided recovery form there is for users who want to recover their HELB Students’ Portal details or change their ID. No., email, or password.
- First Click on “Unable to login?” link in the helb portal
- Secondly Select ID. No. and Email then Enter The Corresponding Value then click search
- Now A popup window will appear informing you to confirm If The Following Details Describe You
Phone No: ——-
Reg. No: ——–
- Select the necessary option to proceed
- Next Complete the options in the new window and recovery details will be sent to your email address