Payoneer is an established foreign online firm which deals with the channelling of international transactions to guarantee that they are smooth and efficient. They have done so by giving the prepaid debit MasterCard in which users from other countries can receive payments internationally, to shop online, make payments, or withdraw cash from ATMs globally which accept MasterCard.
Kenya is a country in which many of its citizens prefer to do jobs to institutions and companies which are foreign and majorly out of Kenya. Such companies in return pay these Kenyan citizens through online services which could make transaction of the money by these Kenyans a nightmare and a robust experience to them due to the level of technology in Kenya. As such, Payoneer has been established to help citizens who are not Americans to receive payments directly to their local bank accounts as if they were Americans with American bank accounts.
Does Payoneer Work in Kenya?
Most unmistakably, Payoneer operates in Kenya, and so far it is one of the most credible alternatives to send and get your money from international sources. As long as you have your freelancer Kenya Payoneer card, you are good to go. You can link your Payoneer account to a local bank such as equity and do transactions at the convenience of your home. What we are about to talk on are instructions on how to use the Payoneer money option in Kenya.
Application procedure for the Prepaid Debit MasterCard:
First Visit the official Payoneer website that is reached at www.payoneer.com and signup for an online account in which all your transactions would be carried out from. In that online account, you give your full personal details, your security details and your contact details in the form of username and password. The username and password would be needed before any transaction is completed.
Following the completion of the signup process, an e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address, which you gave earlier in the signup process, about your account completion process and the date which your Prepaid Debit MasterCard would be sent to your physical address which you likewise provided in your contact details.
The Prepaid Debit MasterCard will be successfully delivered to that physical address that you issues in the date indicated in the email sent by Payoneer Inc. Upon receiving the MasterCard, you have to activate it first before you can be ready to use it.
Activation of the Prepaid Debit MasterCard:
The activation process of the MasterCard is made online;
- Log on to your online Payoneer account at www.payoneer.com/myaccount by entering your account username and password you provided earlier during signing up of a mind at Payoneer.
- Following your successful login to your account, click the account setting tab at the top right corner of your preferred browser and select ‘Activate card’. A dialogue box will rise and ask for your Debit Card number which would be a 16 digit number on your card and a four-digit PIN of your choice.
- Click the Activate button at the foot of the dialogue box after completing the dialogue box through which your card would be activated and ready for use.
- You will receive a message in the online account confirming that your card has been successfully activated and ready for use.
After this successful activation, you can now use your Payoneer card to withdraw cash from your US bank account to your local bank account through any bank ATM worldwide, shop online for goods and services, receive payments from US companies as well as internationally send money to your family and friends with Payoneer accounts efficiently and adequately.
How to Withdraw your Money from Payoneer in Kenya
Withdrawing your cash from Payoneer is easy, and the great thing is that there is a Payoneer to Mpesa transaction to this outcome. The following is a well-organised process on how to approach this transaction.
- Login to your Payoneer account.
- Select ‘Send Money’ then followed by ‘Send to another card.’
- Define firstname.lastname@example.org in the email address section given
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Enter your ePay username on the description field
- Complete the transaction by clicking the ‘Continue’ button.
- An email confirming that the transaction has been started will be sent to you
- A few Moments later, a second email with the status transactions approved will be sent to you
- Wait for up to 20 minutes after the approval email to get the money in your ePay account.
- Send the received money to your phone’s Mpesa and wait up to 10 minutes for it to reflect.