Whether you are employed with a company or self-employed in Kenya, having an NSSF card and making regular contributions on a monthly basis is essential for your future’s well being as well as that of your family. You should not really worry about how to apply for NSSF card in Kenya. The NSSF card application process is very simple and straightforward. Besides, it can be done online if you don’t like the long queues. You can apply for the card at any nearest NSSF branch or Huduma center near you. Alternatively, take the online application process if you are always looking for comfort. Whatever your choice is, applying for the NSSF card is a smart move. Consider these facts ad truths before applying for this.
Every organization in Kenya ought’s to register with the NHIF fund as a contributing employer. He or she must have all the workers registered. Self-employed people may register as voluntary members of the fund.
Before you begin your NSSF card application process, you want to ensure that you have the following required documents;
- Kenyan National Identity Card (ID)or a valid passport
- Your employer’s appointment letter. This case is applicable to all employed persons
- Employer’s name and your NSSF number
- A valid copy of your active Kenya revenue authority (KRA) PIN
NSSF card application procedure
Offline application Process
Once you have fulfilled the above requirements for an NSSF card application, move to the next stage. The offline application process is as follows:
- First, visit any NSSF office department in your region or any Huduma center. Once there, approach an NSSF officer.
- He/she will provide you with a form to fill.
- Fill all the required details honestly and without any errors
- Attach all your documents once finished with this step. It is advisable to use verified copies whenever possible
- Return the form with the attached papers to the NSSF agent
- He/ she will take both prints of your thumbs for both hands
- Later you will be assigned with an NSSF membership card at the same site.
Technological improvement has simplified a lot of stuff by facilitating online activities. This is what makes it possible for anyone to apply for their NSSF card online. It is possible for both the voluntary (the self-employed individuals) NSSF member and the employed persons to apply for their NSSF card number in Kenya online. Kindly note that you must have all the necessary requirements we earlier listed. The documents help with secure NSSF card processing. Once you have all the papers with you, apply as follows:
- Visit the NSSF official online web page.
- Click on the NSSF: Members segment.
- Pick accordingly, depending on your work status.
- Alternatively, you can likewise download the NSSF card forms from their website, fill them, and submit them at your nearest NSSF branch.