The National Intelligence Service-NIS is an organization established under the Article 242 of the constitution of Kenya,2010, which is mandated for gathering intelligence in Kenya. It is one of the best paying establishments in the country.
1. Qualifications to join the NIS
- Be Aged between 22-31 years
- Own Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), mean grade of C+ (plus), or it’s equivalent.
- Have a degree from any recognized institution.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen with no any criminal record.
- Be physically fit.
2. Documents required for one to apply NIS
- Your National ID (this is mandatory)
- Passport photo image (Also Mandatory)
- A University/College/Tertiary education completion certificate(s)-(Also Mandatory)
- O-Level School completion certificate (Mandatory)
- O-Level School leaving certificate(if applicable)
Once you’ve guaranteed that you satisfy all the above minimum qualifications and the needed documents, then you can now formulate your profile by clicking here and then follow all steps provided.
Remember that throughout the process of joining the NIS body, no fee is imposed at the application stage, processing stage, interview stage, and even during the training stage.
3. Salary of NIS officers
If you possess a diploma certificate while joining the NIS, you will enjoy a starting salary of about Ks70,000.
Graduate Trainees with a college degree in any field will earn more than Kshs120,000.