Making Chapatis needn’t be such a strenuous task- especially if you have the usual know-how.nnn
– Chapati is a kind of unleavened bread that has now fitted a typical meal of the Kenyan menu, and its preparation is an art perfected with time
– This bread is no longer a preserve for Christmas celebrations now; therefore you need to learn how to make satisfying chapos every time
Chapatis or chapos as they are commonly known in the country have shifted such a standard meal that there is need to be more creative while making them.
This unleavened flatbread whose source is the Indian Subcontinent is no longer a preserve for Christmas festivities in Kenya.
As they state, the devil is in the details and to make softly layered chapos, here’s a recipe Exposeke.com picked from Caro Jeptanui Kiprobon just for you.
Ingredients: Three cups all-purpose flour, cooking oil, one tsp salt, two tsp sugar, mashed pumpkins,1 cup milk, and blue band(margarine).
In a bowl, mix your flour and three tsp cooking oil thoroughly.
- Add your sugar and salt and mix them till you come out with a sand-like texture.
- Add the mashed pumpkins to the mixture and knead them thoroughly.
- Add milk to the mix and blend the dough for ten minutes till you achieve the right elasticity (ensure that the dough doesn’t stick on your hands).
- After the no.4 above, cover your dough and leave it to rest for half an hour.
- Later half an hour, cut your dough into small balls, with a rolling pin, roll the balls into a circular shape and then brush your melted blue band on top of each. Then make them in a robe shape and coil.
- By your palm, take every of the coil-shaped dough and press it to make it flat. Then using a rolling pin, make a circular shape again, place the rolled round chapati and fry them in a pan until they turn perfect golden brown on medium heat.
- Replicate the steps in 7 above till you finish. Then serve after 15 minutes.
Hereabouts goes the yummy award-winning chapos.
Photos: Irene Cheptap Oret Agei/Facebook.For Verified Information and News, look for EXPOSEKE.com, hit the bell button to subscribe for updates, to reach our support team, contact us here