With the approach of technology, one does not have to undergo the pains of long bank lines in order to open an account there. This is, nonetheless, unless one wants to subject themselves to queueing. In this comprehensive article, we will look at how to open an Equity bank account online method. We will moreover look at the different accounts that one could access if they choose to join this popular Kenyan bank. Let’s now delve into details below.
Online Ways of opening an Equity bank account
There are two main ways of opening an Equity bank account without giving a visit to any of their branch or offices. These ways include:
- Opening an Equity account through Equity Eazzynet
- Opening an account using Equity Eazzy app
How to open an equity bank account using your mobile
Let’s begin with the first method
Opening an account through Eazzynet
If you have a reliable internet connection and a laptop, then this must be the most suitable way to open your Equity bank account. Eazzynet enables a customer to access any banking services from anywhere in the world. Here is how to go around creating your account.
- Visit the Eazzynet website
- A log in the tab will appear, on the bottom left part of the screen, you will find. ‘not a member of equity bank? Open a hapo hapo bank account
- Click on this link and you will be auto-redirected to another tab
- In this new tab, you will be required to fill your personal details like occupation, name, and residential address
- Select the mode in which you would desire to receive the one-time delivery pin
Then click on Continue
- You will be auto-redirected to another page where you will be asked to accept their terms and conditions.
- You will then get a one time pin(OTP), please input it
- If correct, you are set and able to go ahead. You now have your equity bank account.
Benefits of starting a Hapo Kwa Hapo account
One can schedule reoccurring funds and transactions
International funds transfers and transfer to other banking accounts can further be done through this account
Paying bills like Gotv, DSTV, KPLC, and Zuku
Print and View bankers cheques, account statements, request for full statements and stop cheques.
2. Opening an account using Eazzy banking app
- Go to your Appstore for iPhone device users or google play store for android phones users
- Search for Eazzy banking app and download it and install
- After installing the Equity App, select that you are a new user
- Choose then you don’t have a bank account
- Enter your first and last name
- Choose and Input your identification documents
- Enter your mobile quantity
- Click on agree to terms and conditions after validating your details
- An account number and pin will then be sent to your mobile phone
- You are set and ready to start saving!
3. How to open an equity account using your mobile
- Go to the dial tap on your phone
- Dial *247#
- Like the other method, select your identification number
- Enter the details
- If an Equity agent referred you, input their code
- If not referred, press 1
- Then accept the terms and conditions
- And you will receive a message with your bank account and pin
Types of Equity Bank Accounts
The bank has three main types of accounts. These accounts are:
Transactional accounts – These are only 2 accounts. Which are: Equity ordinary bank account which enables one to accumulate personal deposits and the current account, which is for your savings and deposits.
Savings account – These bank accounts are three. They include Eazzy save, Junior Member bank account and jijenge account.
School fees collection account
Furthermore, the bank also offers several treasury and trade bills for its clients.
Equity Bank Contacts
Telephone: 0763 063 000
Equity bank is apparently the most affordable bank for Kenyans right now and it’s not strange they brought How to open Equity bank account online. Apart from providing the best services to its clients, Equity bank through its Wings to fly scholarship program has been able to help many children in Kenya. Therefore assisting the communities to eliminate poverty and grow their economic status.