The most effective method to pay water charge by means of M-PESA remains a huge test to numerous Kenyans paying little mind to the endeavors rendered to teach tenderfoot framework clients. At present, Nairobi Water Company has a few stages where you can check your bills and pay in the solace of your lounge room. The following is a guide on the best way to clear your water charge by means of M-PESA.
Mobile money could not have come at a better time and age. As the population of Kenya more so within Nairobi increases, excellent service delivery becomes strenuous. The Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company’s primary objective is to offer affordable sewerage and water services to all the city residents through effective and sustainable means. To this end, the company has adapted convenient methods for customers to access their services. NCWSC introduced several payment platforms including pay points at Equity Bank, NIC, Barclays, Diamond Trust Bank, Sidian Bank, and Co-operative bank. For those who cannot access these places, here is how to pay water bill via M-PESA.
How to pay water bill via M-PESA in Nairobi
- Go to Safaricom menu then select M-PESA
- Select the Pay Bill option
- Key in Nairobi Water M-PESA pay bill no (business number) 444400
- Enter your NCWSC account number using the format NWC12345; the last five digits are your personal NCWSC meter number
- Now key in the amount you are paying
- Enter your M-PESA pin
- M-PESA will send you a confirmation prompt. Read through to ensure the pay bill number and the meter number are correct then press ok.
- Once the transaction is complete, M-PESA will send another text message which acts as a receipt for payment.
On the off chance that you live in territories outside Nairobi, the method of paying water by M-PESA is the same. Be that as it may, the compensation charge quantities of every locale vary. The following are pay charge quantities of a portion of the real towns in Kenya
- Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Pay bill number: 895 500
- Kisumu Water Company Pay bill number: 517 000
- Nakuru Water Pay bill number: 111 444
- Eldoret Water Pay bill number: 511 000
- Nithi Water and Sanitation Pay bill number: 901 325
- Kiambu Water Pay bill number: 885 100
- Garissa Water Pay bill number: 880 600
- Mavoko Water and Sewerage Company Pay bill number: 363 100
Benefits of using M-PESA to pay bills
The benefits of using M-PESA to pay for services more so government provided are enormous. First, you do not have to deal with long queues or wake up early in the morning to access the service or push and shove with others in line. Another factor is that you get to save a lot of time by using this payment alternative. Typically, an M-PESA pay bill transaction takes less than five minutes to complete. You also don’t have to worry less about losing your receipts. This is because M-PESA is a digital transaction, even when you delete the SMS you can always find your records from your M-PESA statements. Moreover, it is a transparent and effective option. With M-PESA, you can pay multiple bills including electricity, internet, loan installments, school fees, and even rent. Remember, for every transaction charges are applicable.
How to check your water bill
Like any service, you need to monitor your water consumptions and costs regularly. For you to know your Nairobi water bill, you can send an SMS with your account number to 20557. Alternatively, you can dial the short code *888# on your mobile phone. You will find other services such as paying bills, filing customer complaints, and registering for e-bill. Nairobi water also has an online portal where you can query your bill, download e-bills, and make payments. You can register for the online services using your email address.You can also confirm your bill using Jambo pay.
Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company profile
The NCWSC serves city residents and its environs, providing water and sewerage services. The company intends to be a world-class service provider in its area of specialization. As such, Nairobi water commits to delivering reliable, quality, and affordable water and sewerage services in a sustainable and environmentally conscious manner. According to Nairobi Water Company, direct piped water is accessible to only 50% of the over three million residents in the city. The remaining population gets their water from vendors, illegal connections, and kiosks.
Also, Read How to Check Water Bill Via SMS and online
NCWSC succeeded the Nairobi City Council which was before responsible for catering for the needs of water and sewerage for residents in Nairobi. Incorporated in 2003 in line with the Companies Act Cap 486, NCSWC is a subsidiary of the Nairobi City Council. With the enactment of the 2002 water act, Water Boards are to oversee the operations of water, sanitation, and sewerage providers in different regions. The Athi Water Services Board is the body that provides oversight to the Nairobi Water Company.
The head offices of Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company are at Kampala road, Industrial area. NCWSC operates using administrative regions segmented into Central, Eastern, Northern, Western, Southern, and North Eastern areas.
Central Region zones
- Zone 1: CBD, Ngara, Upperhill
- Zone 2: South C, Madaraka Akila 1,2, and Mugoya Estate
- Zone 3: Industrial Area (Enterprise Rd. up to Likoni Rd), Nairobi West, Balozi, South B Plainsview Estate, Diamond Park
Area head office- Enterprise Plaza 3rd floor, Addis Ababa Rd Off Enterprise Rd
Customer Care Hotline- 0717356578
Eastern Region zones
- Zone 1: Kayole
- Zone 2: Komarock
- Zone 3: Umoja
- Zone 4: Industrial area
- Zone 5: Embakasi
- Zone 6: Donholm
Regional offices– along Spine Rd, Kayole
Customer Care Hotline– 0725120022
North Eastern Region zones
- Zone 1: Kangundo road
- Zone 2: Babadogo/Dandora
- Zone 3: Jogoo Road
- Zone 4: Buruburu
- Zone 5: Eastleigh
Regional office– Juja Road, Eastleigh section 3
Customer Care Hotline– 0715212335
Western Region zones
- Zone 1: Parklands/Westlands
- Zone 2: Gigiri, Loresho, Kangemi, Kyuna, Rhapta road, Ruaka, Spring Valley, Uthiru
- Zone 3: Dagoretti, Lavington, Kawangware, Kinoo
Regional office– Chiromo lane off Waiyaki way
Customer Care Hotline- 0704493094
Southern Region zones
- Zone 1: Hurlingham, Lavington, Kileleshwa, Kilimani, Ngong Road, Riverside
- Zone 2: Golf course, Highrise, Highview, Jamhuri, Kibera, Ngumo, Magiwa, Woodley
- Zone 3: Langata, Karen
Regional office– Kinoo Road, Woodley Estate
Customer Care Hotline– 0700385126
Northern Region Zones
Regional offices– Showbe Plaza, Murang’a Road, Nairobi
Customer Care Hotline– 0712453283
In case you want to report cases of water leaks or you want to forward any customer complaints or feedback you can reach Nairobi Water company through the following platforms (toll-free customer service numbers.)