The Government of Kenya has continued to be aggressive towards the implementation of digital change. This targets all the public quarters in a move meant to ensure convenient and efficient services to each citizen. To this effect, the eCitizen portal was installed and launched to serve as the integrated unit for all services. However, most people are still not accustomed with most steps on the portal and are frequently left to ask this, ‘How do I recover my eCitizen account?’. Below are the guidelines to go about the eCitizen account recovery process.
Your eCitizen portal works as the one-stop place for you, a Kenyan citizen, to obtain any government service online. From registering a new company, applying for Certificate of Good Conduct, to even restoring your driving license, all these services, as well as other government services, is now at your fingertips. Moved are the days when you had to put up with long lines in different offices within the city.
However, convenience comes at a high cost. The first one is the convenience charge that you will meet as the portal’s service charge. The other price is a tragedy that is already too common even with other websites; keeping remembrance of the passwords. This is one of the key motives as to why people opt to change some details on eCitizen Kenya. But how do you go about all the process?
Importance of the eCitizen account recovery process to Kenyan citizens
Reasonably, people usually are compelled to keep several online personas. From business and personal emails to social media login details, it is inevitable that you may continuously forget passwords. Fortunately for you, eCitizen Kenya portal has various measures in place to help its users recover quickly after the memory shortfall. So how can you easily reset your eCitizen password?
How to reset your eCitizen password
Here are the easy steps to follow whenever you want to reset your account details:
- Visit the eCitizen official login page then click on ‘Forgot your password.’ The link is normally located above ‘Login.’
- The next page will advise you to key in your email address (the one that you used in signing up for the eCitizen account) or your National Identification Number. Once you have registered the details, you can click on the ‘Reset My Password’ button.
- The next step will require you to state the method you fancy to use reset and get a new password. This indicates that you will choose whether to get the reset code through text message to the number that you registered with or the login email address for your eCitizen online portal. It is better if you opt to get the code via text message as it is often quicker.
- After taking your pick, click on the continue button, then move to the next stage.
- Check your email inbox(if you used email) or phone for the confirmation code.
- Enter the sent code on the reset web page.
- You will be asked to type the new password you will use. Create it then verify it again.
- Go back to the sign in page and then log in using this new password.
How do I change the phone number on the e-Citizen account?
If you need to change your default phone number or any other details on eCitizen, the first step is to log in to your ecitizen portal. Next, click on my account label, and your ecitizen profile will initiate. Lastly, click on phone number and then edit it. Using this method, you can additionally click on the relevant fields on your profile and update them as needed.
eCitizen contacts for all your inquiries
In case you are having difficulties completing your application for whatever government service, you can always reach out to support team through the following e citizen contacts:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +254 780 206 206
- Immigration contacts numbers: +254 708 206 206 (Mombasa Office) +254 772 246 669 (Nairobi Office)
- eVisa queries: +254 709 480 000
- Business registration : +254 709 480 000
- NTSA contacts: +254 709 480 000
Has your eCitizen account recovery process worked? Share your views with the entire Exposeke.com community in the comment section.For Verified Information and News, look for EXPOSEKE.com, hit the bell button to subscribe for updates, to reach our support team, contact us here