Mobile Lending apps are on the rise in Kenya and recently we have seen the launch of ipesa, the fastest-growing quick cash app in Kenya. It rivals the mobile loan giants like Tala, Branch, and Okash. In this post, I will show you all you need to know about iPesa Loan app download, application, contacts.
What is iPesa?
iPesa is a Kenyan mobile lending app that makes it super easy for people in the country to access a loan anytime, anywhere. You will have to complete the loan application in seconds and receive your loan straight into the M-PESA account. iPesa app is like a bank in your pocket, always there for you at all times wherever you are.
Currently, ipesa app can lend loan sizes that range from Ks 2000 to Ks 10,000. If you repay the loan as scheduled by the company, the amount that you can borrow will increase gradually.
How to download iPesa app and register
The ipesa lending app can be accessed through the Google Play for Android devices. Simply launch GooglPlay and search for “iPesa” APP, then click download and start to sign-up with your mobile phone number.
iPesa loan requirements
Requirements are all simple
- Safaricom phone number with Mpesa
- Kenyan National ID
- Answering a few questions.
- App Access to the data on your phone.
How to repay iPesa loan via M-PESA paybill
The iPesa paybill number is 192010. To make your loan repayment with M-PESA, follow these steps:
- Go to MPesa menu in your Safaricom toolkit on your phone
- Select Lipa na M-PESA option
- Click the Paybill option
- Enter the Paybill number which is 192010
- For account number, enter your MPesa phone number on which you received your initial iPesa loan
- Enter the repayment amount
- Enter your M-PESA pin
- Confirm that all the details are correct and finally press “OK.”
- Wait for a confirmation message from Mpesa
ipesa late repayment and crb
Late loan repayments in ipesa automatically incur a fee of 2% each day. It is therefore advised that you do not exceed the due date for the loan taken from ipesa.
Repay the loan by its due date enables you to access even a larger loan size. Late loan repayments will affect your eligibility to get subsequent or larger loans from the platform.
If one is very late on their loan payments, ipesa company will report them to the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB). A negative Blacklisting by the CRB may affect the ability to borrow from other lenders in the future.
Ipesa Review: Is it worth it?
iPesa is relatively new into the market and is still trying to win customers from established mobile lenders like taka and branch. With that said, it has some cool features worth noting. To help you decide, here are some pros and cons of using this company as a soft loan lender.
- Quick loan approval
- 0% service fee
- Long loan term, up to 180 days depending on the loan size
- Easy to register and get a loan
- New users get access to tiny loan amounts
- Poor customer service
- The interest rate of 12% APR is quite high
- You can’t get a loan when listed with CRB
iPesa loan app Contacts
Address: ADLIFE PLAZA, CHANIA AVENUE, NAIROBI