Do you want to make your own history and be part of history? If you are engaged in media and broadcasting, your best bet is joining the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC). The school came into being out of necessity in 1961. It began as a school to train technicians and electronic engineers but has since grown and become a respectable institution equipped with modern training equipment. Find out what courses you can study at this school.
Given the bulk history of KIMC, joining it will indicate you are part of a prestigious institution that has moulded the Kenyan media for many decades. Your role will just be to pick your preferred certificate or diploma courses on offer and kick start your career. The courses fall under five major categories. Additionally, KIMC offers tailor-made programs.
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication courses
As already mentioned above, the programs on offer fall under the categories listed below.
- Information Training
- Film/Video Production
- Engineering Training
- TV/Radio Program Production
- Postgraduate Training and Research
The specific programs under the above categories are as follows.
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
- Diploma in TV Program Production
- Diploma in Media Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Diploma in Radio Program Production
- Diploma in Film/ Video Program Production (Production & Directing option)
- Diploma in Film/ Video Program Production (Sound option)
- Diploma in Film/ Video Program Production (Editing option)
- Diploma in Film/ Video Program Production (Camera option)
- Diploma in Animation and Graphic Design
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Instrument Option (KNEC)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Telecommunication Option (KNEC)
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication certificate courses
Besides the diploma courses listed above, the KIMC also offers the following certificate programs.
- Certificate in Broadcast Journalism
- Certificate in Graphics and Web Design
- Certificate in Animation and Graphic Design
- Certificate in Radio and Television Presentation Techniques
- Certificate in Film or Video Programs Production
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication fee structure
After identifying a course of your interest, you should go ahead and contact the institution to send you the fee structure in a PDF file. The next step will be to follow the admission process by submitting your application letter using the contact information listed below.
For the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication online application option, you need to download the application form, fill it up, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication contacts
Contact KIMC for all your inquiries using the following contact details.
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication address
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100 Uholo Road, Off Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254 20 6551555, 6551502, 6551596 or +254 20 554566 or +254-708-262-895
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
YouTube: KIMC Desk
Journal your way into a successful media career
Joining the prestigious Kenya Institute of Mass Communication is a simplistic way of becoming part of a great history. While studying at this institution, you will have the opportunity to write and create your history. The various programs on presentation give you several options when considering what you want to study. In case of any further questions, use the contact information given above.For Verified Information and News, look for EXPOSEKE.com, hit the bell button to subscribe for updates, to reach our support team, contact us here