The Ministry of State for Planning in Kenya, National Development and Vision 2030, through the (KNBS) Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, will conduct the National Population and Housing Census in 2019 following the Statistics Act 2006.
This Bureau is embarking on the recruitment and preparation of the field personnel that will be included in the enumeration exercise.
The recruitment of officers and enumerators has started according to KNBS, also it will be free, do not pay for anything and avoid fake advertisements.
What do you think is the population of Kenya currently? 40 million-plus right? Well, just forget the polling and statistics done by independent research organizations, The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics will be carrying out a nationwide housing and population census in August 2019. The entire exercise will take place from 24th to 31st August. The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics as part of its function will spearhead the 2019 census on behalf of the government by an Act of Parliament and gazette legal notice.
Job Application Instructions
1. All applicants are required to write a cover letter addressed to relevant “ County Statistics Officer “ indicating clearly the position being applied for (stating the reference number) and details of ID number, academic qualifications, County, Sub County, Division, Location, Sub location and Village/state.
2. Attach copies of National Identity card, academic certificates, and other relevant certificates.
3. Each of the applicants must have either an active bank account a telephone number registered in his/her name through which relevant payments will be made at the end of the exercise.
Note: Taxation in accordance with prevailing tax regulations shall apply in every payment.
3. For all cadres of personnel, applications should be submitted by 24th June in the following offices:
a) ICT Supervisors: To be submitted to the respective County Statistics Office
b) Content Supervisors: To be submitted to the Chief’s office.
C) Enumerators: To be submitted to the Assistant Chief’s office.
4. All applicants upon submission of applications should register their details on Applicants summary form and on the register and are advised to take note of the serial number for any future reference.
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
6. Interviews will be conducted between the 5th and 14th July 2019.
Note: There is no online submission of the applications and no payments should be made when applying for any census positions.
1.) ICT Supervisors Job Application
Reference Number: KNBS/KPHC/ICTS/1/2019
Number of vacancies available: 2,700 ( to be distributed in all counties)
Gross remuneration: Ksh 3,000 per day totaling to Ksh 90,000 at the end of the period. ( This amount is taxable)
Reporting to the County Statistics Officer (CSO), the job holder will be responsible for undertaking census activities before, during and after enumeration exercise.
1.Training content supervisors and ensuring that Enumerators are adequately trained
2.)Working with the content Supervisors to ensure that the census enumeration starts at the agreed time in the assigned supervision areas.
3.) Carrying extra census equipment/materials to be given to the Content Supervisors in case of emergencies.
Providing technical support on ICT issues to Content Supervisors and Enumeratiorsin case of emergencies.
4.) Any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO.
Requirements for the appointment of CT Supervisors
1. Must be a Kenyan Citizen, eighteen (18) years and above
2. Must be a resident of the sub-county where they will be assigned to work.
3. Must have at least a Diploma certificate in Information Communication Technology or any other relevant qualifications related to Information Technology (IT) from a recognized Institution.
4.Must have good communication skills.
5. Must have good leadership skills.
6. Must be available for an uninterruptible period of at least twenty three (23) days from 12th August to 2nd September 2019.
2.) Content Supervisors
Reference Number; KNBS/KPHC/CS/2/2019
Number of vacancies available: 27, 000 ( to be distributed in all counties)
Gross remuneration: Ksh 2, 500 per day totaling to Ksh 57,000 at the end of the period. ( this amount is taxable)
Reporting to the County Statistics Officer(CSO), the job holder will be responsible for the census activities before during and after enumeration exercise.
1. Training all the enumerators under their supervision
2. ensuring that all the materials and equipment required( mobile and accessories) for training for the enumeration areas under their supervision area are in place.
3. Assigning enumeration areas to the enumerator under their supervision.
4. Liaising with the village Elder, Assistant Chief or Chief to identify all the special population groups ie in institutions, hotels/lodges, travelers outdoor sleepers, among others in the supervision are.
5. Undertaking census enumeration in the re-sampled households.
6. Ensuring that everybody in the supervision area has been enumerated.
7. Submitting all the equipment /questionnaires to the CSO
8. Any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO.
Requirements for appointment of Content Supervisors
1.Must be a Kenyan Citizen, eighteen (18) years and above.
2. Must be resident of the location where they will be assigned to work in.
3. Be conversant with the local language/ dialect in the area they will be working
4. Must have at least a Diploma Certificate in any field.
5. Must possess good communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work with teams.
Must have leadership skills.
6.Must be available for an interruptible period of at least twenty -three days from 12th to 2nd September 2019.
Reference Number; KNBS/EN/3/2019
Number of vacancies available: 135, 000
Gross remuneration: Ksh 1,500 per day totaling to Ksh 23,000 at the end of the period. ( this amount is taxable)
Reporting to the Content Supervisor, the Enumerator will be responsible for enumeration during the census.
1. Identify boundaries for the enumeration Areas (EAs), locating all structures and visiting every household to list all the usual members in the EA assigned to them before the enumeration exercise.
2. Ensuring that all the necessary equipment /materials to be used for enumeration are available to them before the service commences.
3. Administering all questions and recording responses on all persons who will have spent the night of 24th/25th August 2019 in each menses.
4. Obtaining complete and accurate answers and capturing them correctly during the enumeration exercise.
5. Forwarding all equipment and questionnaires (used and unused), maps, notebooks, and any other materials as directed to the Content Supervisor after the enumeration exercise.
6. Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the CSO.
Requirements for the appointment of Enumerators
1. Must be a Kenyan Citizen, eighteen (18) years and above
2. Must be a resident of the enumeration area or neighboring enumeration area they will be assigned to work in.
3. Be conversant in the local language/ dialect.
4. Must be computer literate or be able to use smartphones.
5. Must have at least form four (4) level of education with a minimum of KCSE grade C (plain) or its equivalent qualification.
6. Must be available for an interruptible period of sixteen (16) days from 15th to 31st August 2019.
Physical Address: Herufi House
Street Name: Lt Tumbo Lane
Postal Address: Kenya National Bureau of Statistics , P.O. Box 30266–00100 GPO NAIROBI.
Telephone: +254-20-3317583 /3317612 /3317623 /3317622 /3317588 /3317586 /3317651
Hotline Numbers: 0701244533, 0735004401