Cadets jobs in Kenya are normally advertised every year. They are recruited to enter KDF, GSU, and the Police for senior positions.
Unlike other servicemen/women who are simply required to provide a high school certificate with as low as a D plain score, cadets are recruited with somewhat high qualifications. For one to think of entering the General Service Unit(GSU), he/she should have at least a B plain in KCSE exams.
Qualifications for One to apply Cadets
Advertisements to enlist qualified individuals are normally made via print and electronic media. One needs to meet the following minimum requirements:
(1) Be Kenyan citizens
(2) Be aged between 18 and 26 years
(3) Not be shorter than 5 ft 3 in. (5’3”) high
(4) Weigh at least:
(a) Men – 54.55 Kg (120 lb)
(b) Women – 50 Kg (110 lb)
(5) Be medically fit
(6) Not have any criminal record
(7) Own a valid National Identity Card
(8) Hold a mean Grade of B (Plain) certificate or higher standard of education. Preference to be given to graduates.
(9) Female applicants must NOT be pregnant at the time of application.
Remember that any Kenyan graduate candidate who decides to join the Defence Forces as a GSO will forget about all the benefits granted to a Specialist Officer and will have to meet all conditions laid down for a GSO.
Monthly Salary for Fresh Cadets
After successfully enduring all necessary training, new cadets enjoy a salary of not less than Ksh 60,000 per month.