About: We believe in people’s full potential. At Zenka Finance, we believe in the people and their utmost potential. We also know that every potential, every spark must sometimes be served with instant cash on demand so that ideas and needs can be realized.
That is why we give financial tools that break the rigid structure of banks and also bureaucracy. With us, the decision to award a loan and support your ideas takes place immediately.
Zenka loan app is the newest Kenya’s microloan lending app produced by Zenka Kenya. The app at the moment offers personal loans which range from Ksh 500 to Ksh 20,000 on android smartphone and Ks 500 to Ks10,000 via USSD method.
The best thing about this Kenyan loan app is that the first loan if interest-free. That is to say, that, if you borrow like Ks 500 for the first time, and repay the same amount with nothing on top of it. Isn’t that just cool? In addition to all that, you get to obtain and borrow Zenka loan without using a smartphone like other loan apps in Kenya do.
So, we at Exposeke.com have carefully reviewed this loan app, and we can say with much certainty that it is the best loan app next to Tala, branch, and Okash. This is based on unbiased reviews on the Google Play store and consumer feedback on their official Facebook page.
Zenka loan app download, registration, and application
How Zanke loan app works
Zenka finance enables you to borrow money quickly and immediately through the mobile application. The borrowed amount is then delivered right to your Mpesa account within a concise time.
The app works fine both on smartphones and ordinary phones (Kaduda) via USSD by obtaining your phone data such as phone type, SMS, Mpesa logs, call logs, airtime credit amount among other things to help them determine your creditworthiness.
Tip: Always keep your MPESA messages safe plus load significant amounts of credit balance to increase your chances of getting a loan from any mobile apps.
How to register for Zenka loan
Enrollment with Zenka lon app is quite easy as compared to other mobile loan apps, all they require from you is to fill their online application form with your essential biodata such as your first and last name, Kenyan National ID, Then, you also have to answer a security question from the list of options provided and finally and most importantly a 4-digit PIN, don’t share this with anyone.
To register with Zenka loan on an Android smartphone simply follow these steps:
- Launch the Google play store to quickly install the Zenka app on your mobile phone or click this link to get to the Play store directly.
- Open the loan app and select the loan amount you need and duration
- Click on the “Apply loan” menu button.
- On the next shown screen, click on the “Sign up” button.
- Enter your name and Your National ID number.
- Pick a security question and enter your answer
- Enter your 4-digit PIN and then, click on the link that will be displayed to read the Terms and Conditions for the loan.(most people ignore this)
- Click on the availed “Agree and sign up” button
- If successful, you will get an SMS with a 4-digit verification code.
- Enter the code, then click “Done.”
You’re now done and can proceed with the loan application.
To register for a loan via USSD, dial the short USSD Code *483101# and follow the ensuing prompts.
How to apply for a Zenka loan via USSD method without a smartphone
- Dial *483101#
- Enter your user PIN then select “Apply for a loan” option.
- A notification will be presented showing your loan limit
- Choose “Apply for Full Limit” or enter your desired loan amount.
- Select the loan repayment term, eg 1 month, and you’re done.
- If the loan application is successful upon the verification, the loan amount will be sent straight to your M-Pesa account.
How to repay Zenka loan via USSD
- Here is how to repay Zenka.
- Dial the 483101# on your device
- Enter your unique 4-digit PIN.
- Select the “Repay” menu option; your current loan balance will be displayed.
- follow the system user manual to complete payment
- You will then get an SMS notification, and your loan will be closed.
Additional Loan amounts application
Additional amounts are simply a flexible feature that enables you to top up your existing loan with extra cash, up to your current loan limit.
Once you are satisfied with the requirements to get an additional loan amount, you can follow these steps:
1. Dial the USSD code *841#,
2. Select the [Additional amount],
3. Select your available amount and press “SEND”.
After an immediate loan verification process, you will get your loan straight to your M-Pesa account.
Loan Extension application
Once you have satisfied the requirements to get a loan extension, please kindly follow these steps:
1. Start the application,
2. Select your extension period,
3. Next, Click on the “Extend now”, an extension screen with offer details will appear,
4. Click on the “Extend” and follow the payment link.
1. Dial the USSD Code *841#,
2. Enter your 4-digit PIN,
3. Select the [Extend] and check information about cost and term,
4. Select one of the available terms,
5. Follow the payment link and wait for an SMS notification.
After your extension payment is favorably processed the due date of your loan will be auto updated and you’ll receive an SMS notification.
How to reset forgotten Zenka loan PIN
In case you forgot your PIN number and are not logged in, kindly follow these simple steps:
1. Launch the application,
2. Click on the “Sign in”,
3. Click on the “Forgot PIN?” located on the top right side of the application,
4. Provide an answer to your security question and then click “Continue”,
5. Select your preferred new PIN, confirm and click on the “Save new PIN”.
How to change ZENKA PIN
On your mobile phone, please kindly follow these steps:
1. Dial the USSD Code *841#,
2. Enter your 4-digit PIN,
3. Select the [Change PIN],
4. Enter your new preferred PIN.
After entering your correct PIN number, you will be notified of the change.
Zenka support contact details
Phone number: 0207650878
Chat Icon on the app
Official Facebook page
We have to say that this is the most responsive loan app out there in terms of support, they are new to the market and don’t want to upset their customers, well, as people complain about other top loan apps in kenya.
Can Zenka app add me to CRB?
Yes, they do report to Metropol, TransUnion and CreditInfo.
What data is collected by Zenka?
To fulfill our role as a responsible money lender, we take many factors into account when evaluating your creditworthiness including your previous history with us, data from your mobile phone and information obtained from Credit Reference Bureaus.
Can I change my registration details?
You can access your information after successfully logging in to the Zenka loan App. Once logged in, just click on the Profile logo located on the top right side of the app. The information displayed will contain your National ID, first name, last name, phone number, and a button that enables you to change your PIN number.
How do I change my PIN number?
Kindly click on the Profile Icon located right on the top right side of the loan application and then click on “Change PIN”. Select your preferred new PIN, confirm and click on “Save new PIN”.
Why do you need a security question?
The security question is a personal question to which you need to provide an answer. Your answer can be used as a backup to make changes to your Zenka account.
To ensure the best safety of your account please do not share the answer to your security question with any other person.